Friday, April 8, 2011

2011 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 8

For today's prompt, write a ready to celebrate poem. You could chronicle the actual celebration or even write about the anticipation of one.

=================================

A little behind tonight. Not feeling well again. This weather changing has been rougher on me than usual. Not as invincible or durable as I thought I was. Also, I think I have some kind of acid reflux thing going on.

This topic is harder than I thought it would be. There is very little in my life I have anticipation for. No, it's not me being all bleak and moody. It's just that I live a life where I have never been bored, and I am blessed to have so much and so many that I find comfort, joy and happiness in. I do my best to live in the moment, so in that light, I'm usually in a jubilant and celebritory mood to start with... come to think of it, perhaps deep down inside, I know what joys are in life, and are in moments. In that regards, I am ALWAYS ready to celebrate

=================================

Coiled like a spring about to go sproing
I'm a walking talking laughing joking bundle of joy
Muscle flexing
Pass the testing
Hug the girls
And keep them texting

Bounce up and down like I'm one of the band
Got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand
Never tardy
For the party
Always ready
Keep it steady

Ain't no distance gonna hold me back
Moving like a fighter waiting for the attack
Eyes are open
Rope-a-dopin
Just have a ball
I see you all

Coming to your town with the world in a sling
Ain't no time on the clock to tell me when I should sing
Keep it going
Party's flowing
Good times popping
Never stopping

And just when you think there's nothing left to do
Gonna tear apart the blues that keep on clinging to you
Keep you burning
Keep you learning
Keep you clever
So you never
Ever doubt it
Make you shout it
Even louder
Even prouder

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

J.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love it, Jim! So fun! You are rockin' this challenge out!

April 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home