Saturday, April 30, 2011

2011 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 30

For today's prompt, write an "after leaving here" poem. This poem could be about leaving an actual place, a relationship, or even this challenge.

=================================

Wow! I cannot believe what has been accomplished in the past 30 days between myself and my fellow writers. This was an incredible time, and it has really done wonders for the soul. I am simply amazed by the works we all have created. This is nothing short of amazing, and I am very proud of all you for doing this! Thank you!!!

And with this in mind, and a prompt I was hoping for, I am dedicating this to the woman I love, and the woman who brought me here. Celeste, I write this for you...

=================================

There is a curse for feeling no pain
If you cut yourself off from the roots
You may not feel anything at all

Inside of my safe little bubble
A beautiful woman from far far away
Tapped on the wall and asked me to play

Simply treading water
Does not count as movement
Simply dreaming some dreams
Does not make you creative
Simply speaking out loud
Does not a conversation make
Simply saying the words
Does not convey true meaning

I thought I knew the man I was
Until I saw you and something inside
Awoke after many years of slumber

I was as slow as you were patient
But you worked through years of inertia
And taught me how to move again

Where I could not move a muscle
You gave me your strength
Where I could not find knowledge
You gave me your wisdom
Where I could not understand
You gave me your counsel
Where I could not see the light
You gave me your heart

I move to the music you created
You danced to the music I made
Now we begin to harmonize

The song and dance we have created
Is causing a timeless sensation
That everyone in the world has noticed

Together we have found the door
Let us never lose our golden key
Together we have opened worlds
Let us explore them all together
Together we will protect the other
Let us always defend with honor
Together we meet challenges
Let us always emerge victorious

We stop today to catch the wind
We have created an amazing legacy
The words the tracks we leave in our wake

I reach out to hold your hand
Let what works we have created here
Be only the beginning of our story

Always keep your heart open
We need to see the world
Always laugh when your fancy is tickled
We need the wind filled with laughter
Always be turning dreams into creation
We need to teach what can be possible
Always know how much I love you
We need that candle to light up the world

J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home