Thursday, April 21, 2011

2011 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 21

For today's prompt, write a second thoughts poem. You could have second thoughts about something you've done or thought in the past. You could write about someone (or something) else having second thoughts. Or you could even take a poem you wrote earlier in the month and flip it in a new direction.

=================================

You have to understand something with me. Second thoughts are the cancer of your existence, in my book. Second thoughts may be rooted in wisdom, but they often carry with them the seeds of doubts, indecision, insecurity, and fear. I try to think things through before committing to them, which in turn leads to less second thoughts. Second thoughts are dangerous traps, in my eyes.

I think I know where to go with this...

=================================

For every second thought I had
Another thought had won the day
My life is a series of instances
Circumstances and decisions
In my eyes you find nebula
In my heart you find the sea
It is not easy to be open
Without any expectation
And yet remain focused enough
To channel your own will
To chart a course takes guidance
To keep a course takes courage
Utilize your ability to think and reason
Allow all your thoughts to speak at once
Do not shun the will of others
As long as you do not shun your own
Give yourself over to the process
Of seeing everything at one time
The more you can perceive
The more you can understand
The more you can relate with
The more you can adapt to
The more you can find certainty
The more you can find strength
The more you can exercise will
The more you can follow your heart
The more you can let your heart be free
The more you can become complete

J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home