Sunday, April 24, 2011

2011 Poem A Day Challenge - Days 23 and 24

(due to being out of town for a movie shoot, and not really wanting to have full online access at every single moment of my life, today is a two for one special!)

4/23/11 - For today's prompt, write a quit doing what you're doing poem.  This could be about something you need to quit doing or that someone or something else should quit doing.

=================================

One of the best things ever happened on this Saturday. I got to do a scene with actress Debbie Rochon for the upcoming film "Razor Days". Debbie is an amazing actor, and to be given screen time with her was a privilege to me. She works very hard at her craft, and that inspired me to do the same. I don't want to do giveaways of the scene, but let it be said that in the real world, Debbie and I are good friends who care for each other a great deal. For the scene in the movie, however, we had to bring out emotions that required us to take those feelings we've built and cast them aside. I would like to use that process to fuel this prompt...

=================================

Now, look into my eyes
And you will see a stranger
When I look upon you
Your face will not make me shine

The bridges we have built
Torn apart like spiderwebs
The friendship we shared
Is only in your imagination

Do not try to validate history
All of that means nothing now
Do not expect the man you think I am
All of that means nothing now

The roles we provided the other
All of that means nothing now
That which we have given each other
All of that means nothing now

You do not know me
So quit trying to understand
Just accept that in this moment
Now, look into my eyes

==================================

4/24/11 - For today's prompt, write a prayer poem.  Your prayer poem could be religious, but it doesn't have to be.  People can pray to make it to work on time.  Or to be rich.  Or even for the rain.  It's completely up to you what you're poem is about.

==================================

I praise you
My Triune Gods of Office
May my singing of your praises
So that I may be worthy of your grace

Beloved Copier,
Our Mother Creator,
Provider of all we need to know
We turn to you to create our dreams
Share our message with others
And provide us with true clarity

Strong Sturdy Cabinet,
Hold dear all we cherish
Within your strong steel embrace
There is no need to fear
For no harm will come to those
You call you their protector

Accepting Recycling Bin
There is nothing we cannot give you
No page too full of words
Or complex mathematics
That you will not accept
For you only forgive our trespasses

Oh, Triune Gods of Office
Grant upon me your favor
To create whatever I need or desire
To hold close that which is important
And to cast aside all that
Which is wasteful or sinful
In the name of the Supply Room,
The Office Manager,
And the everlasting Boss,
Amen

J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home