Sunday, March 20, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to Steinhoff's Grill - at the request of a dear friend, I will now be using this page as a forum for creative endeavors. In the past, I have dabbled in the fields of poetry, photo art, filmmaking, short fiction, and music. Here, I plan on bringing them to the table, and presenting them to you.

Some questions you may be asking:

Who are you? - My name is Jim, grew up in the forests, now live in the city. I have seen the world convert from analog to digital. I have seen the world change from the wonders akin to a travelling carnival to a world where everything you want is a click away. I feel that travel and wonder have disappeared from our souls, and I am hoping that in some small way, I can bring it back.

Why are you doing this? - Because art is beautiful, wonderful, and needs to be shared. Nothing can move, heal, inspire, and connect hearts and souls like art can. I am hoping to add some pearls to the sea of art out there.

Is this going to suck? - I certainly hope not!

What can I expect? - Various postings of a random variety. Sometimes, I will post writings. Or photos. Or songs that I am working on. It's like life, you know? You don't know what is going to happen until you wake up and go out into the world.

Why Steinhoff's Grill? - Well, I had to name it something, didn't I? The first part comes from my family name, and the second part comes from my love of barbeque and cooking for my friends. I enjoy having people come over for some delicious home cooking you can't get anywhere else, and I hope to bring that same spirit here with you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to whatever you feel like serving up, Jim! Fire up the grill!

March 22, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home